- • Fall 2020: Our course is supported by a Google Cloud Education Grant.
- • Fall 2020: We are delighted to announce that, as in previous semesters, we have partnered with Intuitive Surgical to offer Best Project Awards!
- • Fall 2019: Our final poster session and Intuitive Surgical Best Project Award Ceremony was covered by the Malone Center for Engineering in Healthcare News Outlet. Read the article here.
- • Fall 2019: Partnership with Intuitive Surgical has been confirmed!
- • Fall 2019: We are happy to announce that our course is supported by a Google Cloud Education Grant.
- • Spring 2019: Our final poster session and Intuitive Surgical Best Project Award Ceremony was covered in the Johns Hopkins Hub. Read the article here.
- • Spring 2019: Intuitive Surgical has agreed to sponsor two Best Project Awards (USD 600 each) for the best final project in the 482 and 682 section of the course!
- • Spring 2019: We are happy to announce that our course is supported by a Google Cloud Education Grant.
A: Please refer to the syllabus, very likely you will find information there. If it's not in the syllabus, then please reach out to the course staff.
Q: How should I best reach out to the course staff?
A: Almost all questions should be asked on Piazza (consider using Piazza's search functionality to check whetehr a similar question has been answered before). If you deem Piazza inappropriate (e.g. for sensitive issues) you can email the instructors directly.
Q: I was not able to enroll for the class. Can I sit in?
A: Generally, if you are part of the Hopkins community (student/staff/faculty) you are welcome to sit in. If we're running out of space, we would kindly ask that you allow registered students to attend.
2020 Fall Staff
2020 fall CA:
2019 Fall Staff
2019 fall CA:
2019 Spring Staff
2019 spring CA:
What students say ...
Quotes from the Fall 2019 evaluation
Deep Learning is a hard class, but also one of the best classes I have taken at Hopkins!
The learning curve is enormous!
The coursework is tough but interesting. The grading, at the same time, always appeared fair to me.
It is difficult
but you will get great exposure to practical implementations of deep learning.
Quotes from the Spring 2019 evaluation
Best CS course at Hopkins by far!
The professor and the TAs are all very passionate on teaching this course. I have learnt many things from this course.
you'll learn a lot, very interesting. Good memes in lecture slides!
Really clear your schedule to make sure you have the time to take this course. It is difficult and incredibly time consuming. That being said, it is also very rewarding. I would strongly recommend it..